WELCOME TO REMOTE LEARNING !
Students will be returning their routers and netbooks to Mr. Martinez on May 21st and 22nd. He will be scheduling appointments for every 15 minutes.
Students, Parents, and Teachers,
We need your help! We want to know how things are going while you are learning at home. Your participation will help us understand how we can better support you during this time. If you have not already done so, please take 5 minutes to provide your honest answers to the questions linked below.
Please respond by Friday, May 15, 2020. To access the survey, click on the URL below to go to our district page. Once there, click on the the appropriate button, and then select your school from the drop-down menu.
Castleberry ISD URL: https://bbyt.es/YV24Y43CQ
Thank you so much for quickly providing this critical information. We want to do everything we can to ensure you are successful during this time. We miss seeing you in person and appreciate your help!
To our CISD community,
With the recent announcement by Governor Abbott concerning school closure, CISD will not resume face-to-face classroom instruction for the remainder of the school year; however, rest assured CISD will continue to offer all our students Remote Learning opportunities, as well as continue to receive help from their classroom teachers. Although this was not the end we expected for our school year, know we will continue to work diligently to deliver high quality lessons and activities through May 22, 2020.
In addition, the commencement exercise for the Class of 2020 will be postponed to July. We are in the process of scheduling dates with Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, which will be announced in the very near future. The CHS principal will be sharing information about prom and other end of the year events which have been rescheduled for another date and time and/or cancelled.
Regardless of the circumstances, we will continue to work together to support the students, staff, and families of CISD, and we will keep you updated as more information becomes available. For continuous updates, please follow the CISD’s official website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. If you have not opted in to our School Alerts System, please do so by texting YES to 675-87 to receive newly released updates.
Dr. John Ramos
Superintendent of Schools
Watch this video to show you and your parents how to navigate through this Advisory Canvas Course!
Hello students and families,
Welcome back from Spring Break!
I hope that all is well with you and that everyone is healthy and happy. Additionally, I hope that you are ready to get back in the swing of things and get working on your classes and earning credits! For my advisory, I will be the teacher who will be monitoring your attendance in Edgenuity as well as your progress toward your goal of graduation. The following is the school day schedule.
Virtual School Day Schedule:
- 1st Period 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- 2nd Period 8:50 AM - 9:40 AM
- 3rd Period 9:40 AM - 10:30 AM
- 4th Period 10:30 AM - 11:20 AM - Flowers Conference
- Lunch 11:30 AM - 12:35 PM
- 5th Period 12:35 PM - 1:25 PM
- 6th Period 1:25 PM - 2:15 PM
- 7th Period 2:15 PM - 3:05 PM
- 8th Period 3:05 PM - 3:55 PM
- Virtual School Day Schedule:
Flowers Google Hangout -This is where we will have student/teacher discussions about your progress or teacher assistance is required.
- Advisory Google Hangout will be EVERY FRIDAY at 2:15pm! Google meet Etiquette
- It is during this time that we will meet in our Virtual Classroom.
- Additionally, you can also contact me anytime through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are expected to "attend" class meetings as scheduled.
- As always, I am here to help you in any way I can, and I expect a similar work ethic from you.
- Your goals for this academic cycle are very important. If we did not already discuss your goal before the spring break, this would be a good time to discuss these goals in terms of classes you want to complete, graduation target dates and timelines, and will send you a personal invitation to set up this one-on-one virtual tutorial session.
- Parents, please feel free to join our Virtual Classroom discussions. Should you prefer a private discussion, just let me know and I can easily accommodate you.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Should you have any questions or need more information, please check out the links below:
COVID-19 Website: http://www.castleberryisd.net/departments/student_health/covid19info
District Website: www.castleberryisd.net
District Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/castleberryisd/
District Twitter: https://twitter.com/CastleberryISD
District Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castleberryisd/
Mrs. Jacqueline Flowers
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.